Mission and Values
To enable individuals who have developmental and/or physical disabilities to have the opportunity to attain their highest level of skills, purpose and independence with dignity through an ongoing commitment to comprehensive quality services, advocacy and family partnership.
We envision a future where all individuals with developmental and/or physical disabilities have:
- Opportunities to live healthy, safe and enjoyable lives.
- Full access to services and supports of the highest quality that promote independence and dignity.
- Active participation in making decisions which will direct their lives.
- Loving relationships with people whom they care about and who care about them.
- Active integration in the communities where they live.
- Respect for what they contribute to their community.
- Freedom from physical and institutional barriers that prevent them from living independent lives.
We believe that:
- Every person must be treated with respect, compassion, and dignity.
- People with disabilities must have the right to exercise personal choice and make meaningful decisions in their lives.
- Ideas, priorities, and solutions must be developed through a shared partnership with the people who have disabilities, their families and the communities in which we live.
- Services must embody a lifespan approach, and be flexible and responsive to the changing needs of each individual throughout his or her lifetime.
- Services must be efficiently operated and proven effective for those served.
- All facilities must be barrier free, accessible and safe.
- Residential facilities must be aesthetically pleasing, functional, and promote independence through individually tailored accommodations.
- A loyal, fair and equal opportunity work environment that aggressively promotes upward mobility and promotional opportunities for staff is essential in providing quality services.
- System-wide and personal advocacy is essential to the continuation of providing necessary specialized supports to people with disabilities.
- Recreational opportunities are integral to and essential for the enhancement and quality of life for those we serve.
About Spectrum For Living
Spectrum for Living is a non-profit organization dedicated to the philosophy that persons with developmental disabilities have the same rights as others to a fulfilling and meaningful life. Our programs and services support dignity, independence and encourage each person to reach their personal potential.